2141 W. Sunset Blvd Los Angeles
The Los Angeles IPA Festival Returns to Mohawk Bend
The 6th Annual LA IPA Fest to feature more than 60 California craft IPAs
WHAT: On Saturday, March 2nd and Sunday, March 3rd, 60 California breweries will compete in the 6th Annual Los Angeles IPA Festival presented by Mohawk Bend, the California-focused craft beer bar and Echo Park restaurant. The highly curated festival is a celebration of the productivity and ingenuity of the thriving craft beer community and features an extensive collection of West Coast India Pale Ales from across the Golden State, plus an all-star judging panel comprised of the best minds (and palates) in California beer.
“We look forward to hosting our 6th IPA Fest and honoring this signature style of California craft beer,” said Tony Yanow, co-founder of Artisanal Brewers Collective and owner of Mohawk Bend and Tony’s Darts Away. “The roots of California IPAs go back 40 years to the iconic Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and we love to celebrate the history of this progressive style of brewing at our festival. It’s all about bringing the brewers and beer drinkers together to celebrate the hoppy goodness.”
WHEN: SATURDAY MARCH 2nd – SUNDAY MARCH 3RD
EVENTS: Saturday Event
- On Saturday starting at 9:30am, The Main Event, will offer a sampling of a mind-blowing array of IPAs, many of which are brewed exclusively for the festival, while mixing and mingling with beer world greats. Festival goers will then vote for their favorites for the People’s Choice award, while the panel of judges work through the selection for the main awards. Once all the votes are tallied, the awards ceremony will take place at 4:00pm, at which point the judge’s winners and People’s Choice award will be announced. A limited food menu will be available including vegan and non-vegan pizza slices, as well as $5 8oz pours and $5 keepsake glasses.
Saturday VIP Packages
- To upgrade the Saturday IPA Fest experience, tickets for a limited Brunch with The Brewers are available for 10 guests only at $40 a ticket. The event includes a self-serve, all-you-can-eat brunch buffet and unlimited tastes of the competing beers with some of the best brewers and brewmasters in the nation, and a chat with prolific beer journalists. Guests will judge the beers as the pros do, complete with a Beer Judge Certification Program scoresheet, and try to guess which of the featured 60 California IPAs are in the glass. Tickets are available for purchase here: https://www.laipafestival.com/events-1/brunch-with-the-brewers
- A Final Judgement supplementary event is available for 10 guests only from 3:00pm-4:00pm at $30 a ticket. Tickets include the opportunity to judge 5 California West Coast-style IPAs that make it to the Finals. Guests will taste the very best chosen out of the 60 IPAs and afterwards, will find out what the beers were and how their voting stacked up to the IPA Fest judge votes. Tickets are available for purchase here: https://www.laipafestival.com/events-1/final-five-judging
- On Sunday starting at 9:30am, the Taste of the LA IPA Fest, will offer 8 pre-set flights and half pints of the remaining beers while supplies last, along with Mohawk Bend’s full brunch menu. For those looking for a California craft experience at their own pace, the Taste of the LA IPA Fest is the perfect chance to catch all the exclusive beer before it’s gone. Walk-ins welcome.
Sunday VIP Packages
- From 11:00am to 2:00pm, join Mohawk Bend for a No Leftovers recap brunch featuring your choice of 1 brunch appetizer and 1 brunch entrée, as well as unlimited tastes of any of the remaining Los Angeles IPA Fest beers for $45 a ticket. Guests will be joined by several of the Artisanal Brewers Collective beer geeks including Noah Regnery, head of brewing operations for New Original Breweries, Paige Reilly, winner of Locale Magazine’s Favorite LA Brewery Owner, Andrew Phillip, Tony’s Darts Away General Manager, and Thom Sigsby, Mohawk Bend’s go-to beer expert. Tickets are available here: https://www.laipafestival.com/events-1/no-leftovers
Panel: **Majority of Judges’ will also be competing
Alex Nowell (Three Weavers Brewing Company), Bob Kunz (Highland Park Brewery), Brandon Edwards (New Original Breweries), Devon Randall (Arts District Brewing), Evan Partridge (Firestone Walker Brewing Company), Jeremy Raub (Eagle Rock Brewery), Julian Shrago (Beachwood BBQ & Brewing), Lee Chase (Automatic Brewing Co.), Matt Brynildson (Firestone Walker Brewing Company), Mitch Steele (New Realm Brewing), Nacho Ignacio Cervantes (New Original Breweries) Noah Regnery (New Original Breweries),Peter Mumford (Mumford Brewing), Rodger Davis (Faction Brewing), Shaun O’Sullivan (21st Amendment Brewery), Ting Su (Eagle Rock), Victor Novak (Golden Road Brewing)
Breweries: 21st Amendment Brewery, Altamont Beer Works, Alvarado Street Brewery, Arrow Lodge Brewing, Artifex Brewing Company, Arts District Brewing Company, Automatic Brewing Co., Bagby Beer Company, Barley Forge Brewing Company, Beachwood BBQ & Brewing, Boomtown Brewery, Bottle Logic Brewing, Burgeon Beer Company,Cellarmaker Brewing Company, Chapman Craft Beer, Claremont Craft Ales, Common Space Brewery, Drake’s Brewing Company, Eagle Rock Brewery, El Segundo Brewing, Faction Brewing, Fall Brewing Company, Fieldwork Brewing Company, Firestone Walker Brewing Company, Fort Point Beer Company, Golden Road Brewing, Green Cheek Beer Co., Highland Park Brewery, The Hop Concept, Indie Brewing Company, Institution Ale, Kern River Brewing Company, Knee Deep Brewing Company, Lucky Luke Brewing Co., MadeWest Brewing Co., Mikkeller, Modern Times Beer, Moksa Brewing Co., Moonraker Brewing, Mumford Brewing, New Original Breweries, North Park Beer Co., Offshoot Beer Co., Ogopogo Brewing, Pizza Port Brewing Co., Russian River Brewing Company, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Smog City Brewing, Societe Brewing Company, State Brewing Co., Stone Brewing, Thorn Brewing, Three Weavers Brewing, Topa Topa Brewing Co., Unsung Brewing Co., Urban Roots Brewing & Smokehouse
WHERE: Mohawk Bend
2141 W. Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026